St Botolph's Church
St Botolph's is the parish church of Helpston. It is also part of a larger benefice, comprising the parishes of Maxey, Etton, Glinton, Peakirk and Northborough. The rector of the benefice is Hilary Geisow who took up her post in September 2008.
The church was built mainly between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries, though what was originally a Norman tower was rebuilt in 1865. The first know rector of the church was Galfrid de Helpeston in 1230.
There is a well attended service each Sunday: this is generally a Eucharist with a congregation of between 55 and 60 (including 10 to 15 children). There is a family service once a month. In 2004 there were 6 baptisms, 2 weddings and 11 funerals in the church.
Today the church remains a central part of village life. Sunday services are well attended and many more people come along to services at the major religious festivals. On Rembrance Day and St George's Day members of the local Scout and Guide Association parade through the village to the Church.
As well as its regular Sunday services the Church has held an annual gala on the village green since 1981 and hosts the village bonfire on Bonfire Night each year.
The Church is also the driving force behind the Botolph's Barn project. Members of the church led the project from start to finish, including raising the funds to purchase the Barn.